Brisbane & Perth Workshops
Whitehouse Workshops specialising in Illustration for Fashion and Portfolio Development have been designed to provide individuals interested in design and the creative arts with practical knowledge in drawing and design concepts. Each workshop runs for three days and is suitable for participants of all ages from secondary school upwards. These workshop sessions will help develop the illustration skills required to assemble a personal portfolio and to assist participants to prepare for further studies in design.
No drawing experience is necessary to undertake this workshop.
The Illustration for Fashion Workshop covers:
- Freehand sketching of human figures
- Freehand sketching of faces
- Illustration of garments
- Portfolio Development
June 27th - June 29th 2017
Brisbane Workshops | Book Online
December 9th - 10th 2017
Perth Workshops I Book Online
||Studios / Short course
||Currently accepting applications
Creative Direction & Styling
- Fees are transferable but not refundable. Minimum numbers apply per class and classes are subject to cancellation if minimum numbers are not met. In this case, a full refund will apply
- Fees cover tuition and administration costs but exclude art materials
- After commencement of the workshop, days are non transferable. Absence of 3 days or more will be assessed on an individual basis if supporting documentation is supplied
- You will receive confirmation of your enrolment and any changes (if applicable) via email after payment has been processed
- Payments for the nominated Workshop(s) must reach Whitehouse at least 15 days prior to commencement of the Workshop
- A 2% surcharge applies to all credit card payments.
- Refer to the brochure or website for further course information
- All prices include GST and are effective as of 13 July, 2012
By submitting the Design Beginnings application form I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness, sound of my voice and work completed as part of a Whitehouse course, to be recorded on audio or video tape and in photographs without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness or work appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of these images or recordings. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational setting within an unrestricted geographic area. Photographic, audio or video recordings of me and my work may be used for all forms of educational marketing.
I understand this permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of me and my work may be electronically displayed via the Internet. I will be consulted about the use of the photographs or video recordings for any other purpose other than those listed above.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed. This release applies to photographic, audio or video recordings collected as part of the sessions listed on this document only. I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organisation utilizing this material for educational and educational marketing purposes.
How do I apply?
All booking for Whitehouse Workshops can be completed online .
Who can apply for a Whitehouse Workshop?
Whitehouse Workshops are suitable for all ages from secondary school onward. These workshops are intended for those with little or no drawing/image styling skills but have a keen desire to develop them.
How much is a Whitehouse Workshop?
Whitehouse workshops are AUD$629 including a basic art kit.
What about Art Kits / Additional Materials?
The cost of the Art Kits are included in the Workshop price.
Additional Materials are listed below.
- 2 x lead pencils (2B and/or 3B)
- Glue stick
- Ruler (at least 30cm)
- Small water container*
- Soft Nylon paint brush (sml-med size)*
* Not required for Sewing with Style
Basic Art Kit includes:
- 2B pencil
- A3 cartridge paper sketch block
- A3 display folder (10 leaf)
- Set of 12 water soluble coloured pencils / or water colour stack
- White artist pencil
- No. 6 round brush
- Two professional markers (Cool Grey & skin tone)
- Two black pigment liners (0.2 mm & 0.6 mm)
- Paper pack: four A2 sheets of Canson paper in black, light brown, soft grey and dull red
What do I get out of the workshop?
Students receive instruction from design specialists from the creative industries who oversee the educational quality of the delivery of each course. Each participant will receive a Whitehouse Certificate of Participation as recognition of course completion. Students will receive guidance and information on the application process for full-time courses at Whitehouse.
Who can apply for School Workshops?
Only School students can attend School Workshops, the delivery for these workshops are either incursions or at the Whitehouse campuses. All bookings must be made through your school.
What are Brisbane and Perth Workshops?
These two-day workshops are offered during the spring school holiday periods in Brisbane and Perth. Detailed dates, times, costs and locations can be found via the Brisbane and Perth Workshops tab.