Overseas Students Information
Entry requirements for Overseas Students
Overseas students are subject to the same academic requirements as domestic students. They must also have achieved an English academic standard of IELTS 6.5, no band score under 6.0 (TOEFL 79-93 or equivalent). Overseas students must also be aged 18 or above at the time of application.
Application for Overseas Students
- All applicants are to complete an Application for Enrolment.
- Overseas Students, provide proof of academic results, present a portfolio of creative works and other supporting documentation (depending on applicant category).
- Applicants residing overseas may be interviewed via teleconference.
- It is advisable that applicants are familiar with the entry requirements, course program, tuition fees and Whitehouse policies before lodging the Application for Enrolment - Overseas Students.
- Application for Enrolment forms should be completed at your earliest convenience.
- More information on entry requirements and the application process can be found in the Application Guide available online.
- Whitehouse Institute of Design has partnerships with a number of educational agents in both Australia and around the world, please contact us for the current listing of agents.
Education Services for Overseas Students
The Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS Act) determines, in part, the nature of the relationship Whitehouse will develop with you. The ESOS Act has been established to ensure a high quality learning experience in Australia. For more information, visit the government website Australian Education International www.internationaleducation.gov.au
Visa and Immigration Matters
Your right to study in Australia as an overseas student is embodied in your student visa, which in turn imposes certain conditions with which you must comply to stay in Australia. It is your responsibility to comply with these requirements and failure to comply will require Whitehouse to report any breaches of the visa conditions to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (IMMI). The Whitehouse Institute will not compromise its status as a registered provider of higher education, or any accredited courses by inappropriately advising or assisting students on the following visa or immigration matters:
- Initial applications to the Australian Government to obtain a student visa
- Subsequent applications for visa renewal or variation
- Reversing visa cancellations for defaulting students
- Visa applications from family members or associates of students
- Residency applications following course completion
- Requests from immigration agents or lawyers
For information or assistance visit www.immi.gov.au
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
As an overseas student on a student visa you are legally required to provide evidence of maintaining approved OSHC while studying in Australia. When you have been accepted into a program of study at Whitehouse, and youhave paid your tuition reservation deposit you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Whitehouse can apply on your behalf for the first year of study or you can present the CoE to Medicare to apply for OSHC.
Living in Australia
The cost of living in any city depends on your choice of lifestyle. We recommend you visit the official Australian government web site for international students studying in Australia. Averages on the costs of living can be found at www.studyinaustralia.gov.au
Academic Dates 2016-2017
Academic Dates 2016-2017
Master of Design Overseas Student Fee Schedule
The Master of Design is approved for delivery to Overseas Students - CRICOS Course Code: 085283C