For Schools in NSW and VIC
School Workshops are practical beginner classes designed for school students that can be held either at your school or at our Sydney or Melbourne Campus'. These workshops aim to introduce design concepts and develop skills that will prepare students for further studies in design.
School Workshops are offered in the areas of Drawing for Fashion, Interior Drawing Techniques, Creative Direction & Styling or Textiles and Design for the HSC/VCE. School workshop sessions can also be tailored to meet the individual needs of each school.
Fashion (one or two day option)
- Drawing the human body as a fashion figure including proportion & styling
- Rendering fashion drawings with tonal and textural illustration techniques
- Overview of the design process and skills needed for a career in the design and fashion industries
Two day option also covers:
- Developing skills in analysing forecasted trends for fashion colours, fabrics and silhouettes to respond to a design brief
- Concept and idea development for sketching onto a three-body range
- Communicating design through coloured fashion illustration and production drawing
Interior (one or two day option)
- Basic techniques for one-point perspective drawing and interior object drawing
- Repeat patterns and fabric rendering
- Discussion about skills required for a career in architecture, interior design and interior decoration
Creative Direction (one or two day option)
- Examine aspects of styling in industries such as fashion, interiors, food, events, film, advertising, visual merchandising and magazines
- Develop skills for styling garments with cultural influences and create a make-up/ hair styling board for a catwalk look
- Overview of the styling industry, the role of a stylist and their relationship with the media
Textiles & Design for the HSC or VCE
This in-depth workshop will provide students with valuable instruction and feedback regarding the supporting documentation and illustration techniques final year projects in the HSC or VCE.
- Design inspiration and concept development
- Visual design development and rendering techniques
- Portfolio layout and design
Specialised School Workshops
School Workshops can be tailored to meet the individual needs of each school, please contact Whitehouse directly to discuss your requirements. Such workshops could include:
- Rendering only workshop
- Design and construction of paper dresses with photo shoot
- Model making
- Portfolio presentation
- Technical sketches for industry
- A negotiated program that suits the participants needs.